We would like to warmly welcome you to Hazel Wood Infant School. Choosing your child’s school is such an important decision. Your child has already started on a learning journey and we see our role as being partners with you in steering your child along that journey.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection described us as an outstanding school, which we were very happy about. We intend to do everything we can to maintain our outstanding status and continue to improve.
We believe the best way to educate children is by providing a happy, caring and positive environment. We encourage everyone to achieve their best and strive for high standards in teaching, learning and behaviour.
Each child is helped to:
- Develop a lively and enquiring mind, to grow in imagination and sensitivity by encouraging understanding, awareness and curiosity about the world;
- Acquire knowledge, skills, confidence and self-esteem;
- To develop and adopt personal and moral values, ensuring that everyone equally enjoys respect and consideration.
This is done by:
- Equipping each child with the necessary skills in all areas of the curriculum with a strong emphasis on listening, reading, writing, communication and mathematics;
- Encouraging parents to take a full and active part in their child’s education;
- Developing good working relationships between parents, staff and governors.
We are very proud of our school and we are always pleased to share our achievements with others. If you would like to visit our school, please ring our school office and speak with Mrs Barrow or Mrs Graves to arrange a time to see our fantastic school.
We look forward to working in partnership with you during your child’s progress in learning with us.
Executive Head Teacher
My name is Hannah Riggs and I thoroughly enjoy being the Head of School at Hazel Wood. I take a lead in ensuring each child at Hazel Wood has an outstanding start to their education and I am always available to help you on a day to day basis.
Hannah Riggs - Head of School