Closing date: 13/12/2020
Interview Date: 15/12/2020
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: B1 £18,562 pro rata
Hours of Work: 30 hrs per week term time only
Location of Role: Lydlynch Infant School
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Federation of Hazel Wood Infant School and Lydlynch Infant School are looking to appoint TWO caring and enthusiastic 1:1 Learning Support Assistants to join our passionate and dedicated team to provide support for 2 children with social, emotional, and learning difficulties.
The role would entail
- Supporting the child on a 1:1 level
- Supporting the child to move safely around the school
- Enabling the child in Year R/Year 1 to access a full curriculum, working closely with the class teacher
- Providing guidance to develop in all areas and working on the targets in their Education Health Care Plan
We also would like the successful candidate to cover lunchtimes during the week supporting the children during their lunch inside and supervising play outside.
The person we are looking for will:
- Is highly qualified with excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Has experience of working with children with additional needs and using systems to support them, e.g. visual timetables, now and next boards and folder tasks etc.
- Has an empathetic understanding of children’s emotions and behaviour and actively
seeks to remove barriers to learning
- Respond to the child’s needs intuitively and sensitively
- Is calm, positive and resilient
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Is flexible and adaptable to the daily changing life of the school
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude with high aspirations for themselves, our children and staff.
- Uses initiative to ensure all learners achieve the best outcomes
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding
- Is a positive role model
We can offer:
- Friendly, happy children who enjoy learning
- An excellent team of staff who believe in each and every child
- To work within a good and fully inclusive school
- Support and training offered from experienced staff and outside agencies
If you enjoy working with children and feel this job is for you, we would very much like to hear from you.